S_TYPE SL 2018
COLOR - RED C07 (Ferrari.Red - New.Orleans.Blue)
The S_TYPE SL has just one goal: to be even more successful as its legendary predecessors which won numerous world-wide magazine tests over the years and received first-class honors in their categories. Therefore Kai Hopf has thrown everything into the mix, resulting in even more performance without having a negative effect on the handling. The decisive factor is the NO.COMPROMISE.DESIGN that he translated directly from the WARP F2018 into the S_TYPE SL. Thanks to reinforcements around the leading edge, the known draft stability and the broad wind range could be retained. The result is a highly sporty and competitive slalom sail that thirsts for speed, yet is easy to tame.
- NO.COMPROMISE.DESIGN: Guarantees an ideal mix of maximum power and forward pull without loosing stability/wind-range or becoming super physical
- LUFF.LIFT.PANEL: super early planing and acceleration through increased profile in the upper luff
- PROGRESSIVE.BATTEN.CONFIGURATION: batten amount depending on sail size and thus perfectly matching the range of use
- iBUMPER: the most advanced and effective molded mast protector
- HYPER.CAM: Again and again confirmed through magazine tests worldwide: The best rotating camber on the market
- SWITCH.CAM.OPTION 3/2: 3 cams for max. performance - 2 cams for improved handling
- MINIMUM.MAST.CONCEPT: Two masts cover all sail sizes!
- AERO.SLEEVE.DESIGN 2.0: maximum performance combined with effortless waterstarting
- 2 Year Warranty. Get an additional 3 year Warranty: register here
The new S_TYPE SL using the NO.COMPROMISE.DESIGN can safely be called the perfect blend. Comfort combined with the most successful race slalom sails in our history. Therefore Kai Hopf has paired the balanced handling and comfort of the S_TYPE with the brute power of the WARP. This means: Outstanding power on all courses, which thanks to the integration of the new NO.COMPROMISE.DESIGN is effortless to achieve. Most striking is the extremely tapered mast sleeve in the new AERO.SLEEVE.DESIGN 2.0. Its width in the aerodynamically important boom area permits the ideal transition from the “thick” mast front edge into the ‘thin’ sail profile.
At the top however, the mast sleeve is still kept relatively narrow to ease up water starts. This is supported by the use of the WARP F2017 LUFF.LIFT.PANEL design that provides additional lift. Regardless of whether you’re at high speed or simply cruising and jibing, the S_TYPE SL is extremely versatile. It’s an excellent universal high performance sail for many board types, as it can be sailed with 2 or 3 cambers thanks to the SWITCH.CAM.OPTION (the camber in the foot area can be removed).
Simply ingenious: All S_TYPE SL sizes work with one mast length!